Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related)
(01-08-2021, 07:41 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I believe there are only two franchises in the entire NFL that have never had cheerleaders.  The Browns are one of them, so it's possible that PB just didn't really care about them.  It's equally possible that he didn't want to foot the bill of sending them to the game.  I highly doubt that if a team had cheerleaders they wouldn't send them because of sexism.  Either way, I still think it's an interesting historical anecdote for the team that has certainly been the focus more than once of cutting corners on costs. 

Teams like Denver stopped them in 80s for a period.. Steelers stopped them in 70s etc..the point is..sexism was there in 70/80s..cheerleaders were looked down on...  you have to take that into account.. so where the Broncos cheap when they stopped them ?  How about Steelers ?

As a group, they had to go to Court for fair wages over this last decade..  Find a better comparison is my point..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related) - Essex Johnson - 01-08-2021, 08:20 PM