Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings
(01-08-2021, 02:14 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Paying 13-15 mil a year for WJII or Lawson is just not a smart move.  If your highest paid players are not producing at or close to a pro bowl level your roster wont be one of the best unless you hit homers several drafts in a row.  I like Lawson and WJIII and i feel they are both solid players but neither is a cornerstone guy that should be making elite money.  If you pay top end players top end money and you will see a dramatic improvement in the team.  If you pay solid players top end money and youll be stuck in mediocrity.  The fact that there is top end talent on the oline that could be available its a no brainer to go after these guys.  Its a perfect scenario as we will have plenty of cap room and there are quite a few teams that will be having issues with the cap.  Thuney and linsley are both ohio guys, so they might actually sign here.

This team won 6 games in 2 years.  I think it sends the perfect message to the rest of the team.  Some players may not love that their friends are gone but if we replace them with other players that make our roster better they will get over it real quick.  These guys know the NFL is a business.

Looking at the top 10 paid Dline..focus on edge rusher..Lawson getting 13/15 million does not put him in top ten and looking at his performance and pay I don;t think it is out of question.  Jackson would be up near top 10 but he has shown good numbers in his career.  Is Waynes signed for next year ? I don;t think we let both walk if possible. Also I don;t buy as much into honors since we know it tends to go to players on winning teams that does not mean players on losing team did not play well.

With your standard going to be All pro honors etc  in FA.. that mean you would pass on  Off. Tackle  as same type of players like Lawson and Jackson with lacking awards in FA at the 13-15,000 range?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings - Au165 - 01-07-2021, 08:56 PM
RE: Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings - Essex Johnson - 01-09-2021, 12:34 PM
Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings - ah5 - 01-09-2021, 02:37 PM