Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-08-2021, 08:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I accept Pitts is a good player in college but 1 is more important..we are weaker at LB than WR.. so I go LB
2.  I don;t buy he is transitional for us.. size nice..but he has 4.7 that is not going to open the field up..we can find position TEs later
3.  Kelce was later in draft.. i don;t think any of your top end TEs over the last 3 years have been even picked in 1st round and I know not top 5.

On Pitts we don;t agree, but do you agree Parsons should be considered with 5 pick

I do not agree Parsons should be considered at 5.
An off-ball LB does not have the same value as an elite TE in today's NFL.
Out of the top 10 LBs in the NFL in 2020, none of them were 1st round picks. All were picked between Rds 2-4.

As for TEs being in top 5, you clearly didn't even bother doing research.
TJ Hockenson had the third-most receiving yards amongst TEs, and he was picked 8th overall in 2019.
Noah Fant, another 1st rounder in 2019, was 6th most.
Evan Engram (1st round 2017) was 8th most.

Kelce should have been drafted higher, but he went to UC, which was not a Power 5 school. Had he went to a Power 5 school and put up his senior year stats, he likely would have been a 2nd or even 1st round pick.

As for 40 time for Pitts, how do you know it's 4.7? He hasn't ran the 40 yet at the Combine or Pro Day. 
I believe you are reading a report that he ran 4.70 IN HIGH SCHOOL (https://www.profootballnetwork.com/three-headed-monster-2021-tight-end-group/). 
Quote:The lanky tight end prospect reportedly ran a 4.70 during the recruiting process and an overall SPARQ rating of 108.24. Pitts had offers from a CVS list of schools throughout the country but chose Florida in the end.
He looks faster than 4.70 in the games I've watched this year. We'll see come Combine time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
. - Yojimbo - 01-08-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Short list of acceptable picks at 5 - ochocincos - 01-09-2021, 02:06 PM