Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals had PFF #1 Draft Class of 2020
I am not sure we had #1 overall draft due to injury to Burrow and Wilson, but we started our skid years ago with bad drafts (like 2 OL picks one and 2 that did not pan out) so our 2020 draft will hopefully springboard all talent level in the coming years.

Also players need to get better like Boyd and Bates have done. We need J. Williams, Hubbard and Phillips to step it up in 2021. In 2020, we were active in FA, but the guys we signed and paid the most either did not play or played sparingly. Reader got hurt, Waynes did not play a down. I thought Bell and Alexander played better each week.

Our vets and high paid guys killed us:

Green - wasted 18 million
Geno - wasted 14 million
Dunlap
Jackson - he would have been OK if healthy in my opinion, but missed too much time
Add in guys I mentioned Reader and Waynes and lot of money spent with very little return.

I am optimistic for the future, I think if we can have another solid draft and build around Burrow, we can be a good football team. We also need some luck, too many of our studs seem to go to IR each year, but better drafts also will lead in time to a better roster with roster depth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals had PFF #1 Draft Class of 2020 - Luvnit2 - 01-11-2021, 08:42 PM