Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Bengals bring back Frank Pollack
(01-11-2021, 09:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: A couple of good/interesting quotes from Pollacks presser:

“We've got a good young quarterback. You've gotta do everything you can to protect him.”

On Zac Taylor: “He's got flexibility. He's open-minded to what we want to do schematically.”

Looks like Pollack will be working to change the current run game scheme and understands that protecting Burrow is paramount.

I want to be so positive and upbeat about this, but a couple of things concern me.  

First, the bolded part in the quote.  I mean really?  Did Turner not get that?  Did anyone not get that?  The real test isn't going to be Pollack's OL coaching, it's going to be what this FO does to boost the OL.  I'd think this comment is a given and doesn't even need to be said.

As far as flexibility, I guess we'll see.  There are a lot of changes to position coaches this year.  Does that really mean Zac is changing things up?  Will he let someone else influence his play calling?  Zac could be the most flexible guy in the room during an interview or in coaches meetings during the week.  But on Sunday, when the plays are being called, is he going to drive it like he has?  He's been "flexible" in his play calling that I've seen up to this point in games.  Unpredictable, gone with different ideas.  They just haven't been the right ideas for the opponents.  And if continues to hold control of the calling, I just don't know that it matters what anyone else is bringing to the table during the week.  Wait and see is all we've got. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals bring back Frank Pollack - IcoHolic - 01-09-2021, 07:33 PM
RE: Bengals bring in Frank Pollack - CJD - 01-09-2021, 07:36 PM
RE: Bengals bring in Frank Pollack - CJD - 01-09-2021, 07:39 PM
RE: Bengals bring in Frank Pollack - Au165 - 01-09-2021, 07:41 PM
RE: Bengals bring back Frank Pollack - CJD - 01-09-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Bengals bring in Frank Pollack - Au165 - 01-09-2021, 07:38 PM
RE: Bengals bring in Frank Pollack - CJD - 01-09-2021, 07:40 PM
RE: Bengals bring back Frank Pollack - MileHighGrowler - 01-11-2021, 09:49 PM