Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ever not want to change because of the people you would be associated with?
I actually stopped volunteering with our Democratic committee, here, because of how toxic they were. I'm a progressive, but Rooseveltian, and my country boy ways didn't really fit with them. Meetings were like the academic circle jerks I'd see at the university, and I get enough of that during the day.

Here's the thing, though, what you're describing is what makes up the actual silent majority in this country. A bunch of people who are like "yeah, I kind of agree with them, but I have zero interest in being associated with their shenanigans." That's how most people roll, and it's completely respectable. It doesn't matter whether or not you associate with any group. Look at the candidates in an election and vote with the one that most aligns with how you think. If there is a referendum on the ballot, run it through your ideological process and vote how you feel. **** what a political party says about it or any candidate.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone ever not want to change because of the people you would be associated with? - Belsnickel - 01-15-2021, 08:04 PM