Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We could've (should've) had Drew Brees
(01-19-2021, 10:07 PM)jason Wrote: There's actually a video on YouTube about this... The subsequent moves we would've made, and all that. Oh... And we won a Super Bowl or became a dynasty with him... I don't remember because I'm not buying it.

Drew Brees never becomes the Drew Brees we know today if he were drafted by Cincinnati... Especially THAT Cincinnati.

I will take a different approach.  Drew Brees was always a very good QB, but what really drove him was when he injured his shoulder and teams thought me might not be the same (or even capable).  Miami taking Daute Culpepper as a FA over Brees set that franchise back a long time, and he was a perfect marriage at the Saints with Sean Payton.

That being said, I think Burrow is as much of a "chip on the shoulder" guy as anyone I have ever seen play football.  He wasn't slighted, but he has carried that misfortune of the broken hand at OSU and losing out on the starting job with him.  Is Taylor and Burrow a perfect marriage?  Time will tell, but even Joe commented how the WFT had the best defensive line in the league and he had over 200 yards passing against them at halftime.  

Protect him, surround him with weapons, and I think the Bengals will be in the conversation every year until Joe retires.  Which, if all goes well, will be when I am in my 70s (gulp). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We could've (should've) had Drew Brees - SHRacerX - 01-20-2021, 10:49 AM