Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREEN, WILIAMS, ROSS, ALEXANDER
(01-21-2021, 06:21 AM)kevin Wrote: These 4 Bengals are the highest paid Bengals now Unrestricted Free Agents, no more contracts. They are all above 4 Mil per SPOTRAC.  Combined The Bengals could free up 31 Million Bucks to rebuild this awful team.  There is an old sports saying, " If we can lose with you, we can lose without you ".   I agree with that saying,  If the Bengals would dump these 4 players above the 4 Million Salary Mark,  that is a quick 31 Million.  I see other players over 2 Mil they could let go Free Agent.  Bengals could free up 40 to 50 Million for new players in REBUILD NEW DEY.   There really isn't many of these last place Bengals that makes you die to keep them and give them a pay raise.  Plus, I think Bengals have let their contracts run out for a reason.  I won't post the complete list of Free Agents, but it is none too impressive, as expected of Last Place.  It is called ADDING BY SUBTRACTION, a saying Bengals have used often. The idea being there are players from other teams better than our last place slugs.

I could see no more Green-WR, Williams-DB, Ross-WR, Alexander-DB and free up 31 Million.  I would like to see them keep the #5 paid Free Agent Huber, he is a good punter. Until Bengals start moving the chains, they need the punter.

TV announcers have mentioned due to Covid season, salary caps may be going down, not up.  This might mean better teams may have to dump better players than what Bengals have.  Again dumping payroll could work out great on getting some better players on this team.

I am with this 100%, except for Alexander.  He was a very solid slot CB out there and that is a much tougher position than most give it credit for.  Phillips could play slot, but if we lose WJIII (quite likely, unfortunately) then they will be back to square one in the secondary and be likely facing guys like Sims out there (not him specifically, but guys like him that are huge holes in the defense). 

CB is too important a position given this team's struggles rushing the passer.  I am also willing to part with Geno's $10 million and Bobby Hart's 7 Million as cuts to improve the quality of the talent on the team. 

I feel really bad saying that about Geno, but if you look at his $10 million as going a long way to signing a guy like Thuney, then there is no way I keep him.  His play was declining before the injury.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
GREEN, WILIAMS, ROSS, ALEXANDER - kevin - 01-21-2021, 06:21 AM
RE: GREEN, WILIAMS, ROSS, ALEXANDER - ah5 - 01-22-2021, 03:19 AM
RE: GREEN, WILIAMS, ROSS, ALEXANDER - SHRacerX - 01-23-2021, 01:27 PM