Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had dinner next to Frank Pollock
Cool story, Sled. While on the subject of pizzas, I won't say it is the best, but like Skyline, there are times i crave a Marion's pizza from here in Centerville.

Talk about nostalgia....when I was a kid and Karen didn't have to work in the morning, all the summer swim teams would go to Marions (there were three around town then, more now). My first real kiss was in back of Marions. My first boob might have been there, too. Swimming paid for my college, but those experiences of going to Marians are some of the best memories. We would see the kids from other teams amd talk about how fast some of the older kids were and just all sit around and have a great time.

As far as my absolute fav pizzas go, I would have to say the Mellow Mushroom has some amazing pizza, and Myles Pizza Pub at BGSU was also amazing. They closed, but I heard they sold the "recipe" to another restaurant so you can still get it.

Myles pizza is so huge. A large feels like it weighs 10 lbs. My roommates and I were some pretty big eaters, and two larges wouldn't be finished by 6 guys. And we were 9.000 calorie a day guys. The pizza had a caramelized cheese on the top and TONS of ingredients. They had something called the Chinese Chicken Pizza that had tons of pulled chicken, teriyaki sauce, and almond slivers. Sounds weird, it was awesome. They also had a breakfast pizza that had bacon, eggs, and sausage.

My dad and I used to stop there on the way home from attending the Detroit Auto Show each year in January. Now, I guess it is held in the summer? Covid took care of this year's....My dad and I had been going to that show together for over 30 years.

If you get a chance, try Marions or Myles Pizza. You won't regret it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Had dinner next to Frank Pollock - Sled21 - 01-23-2021, 10:24 PM
RE: Had dinner next to Frank Pollock - SHRacerX - 01-24-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Had dinner next to Frank Pollock - 3wt - 01-27-2021, 03:29 PM