Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 10.0 2021: Skeptics draft, not much FA
(01-24-2021, 01:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I tried to make this one as realistic (pessimistic?) as possible.  Next to no FA from outside, and we lose WJIII.  That being said, I am sure to be killed for waiting until the third round to draft a CB.  I will venture to say that if they can't sign WJIII they will sign a solid FA CB to be his replacement, but won't command the money of WJIII.  Like I said, trying to be realistic.

So here goes with the FA:

Carl Lawson signed for 4 years, 50 million.  I don't think he gets more on the open market, and guaranteed dollars will be the big issue given his injury history, but I think he earned it.  Folks will say:  "We sucked with him", but you don't get better by not retaining your best pass rusher.  

Mackenzie Alexander signed for 3 years, 16 million.

I don't know the dollars at all, but I want Huber and Clark retained as well.

Cuts:  Geno Atkins, Bobby Hart

The draft:  Knowing what I know about the lack of FA at this point, the draft has a lot of work to fill some gaps.  I didn't do any trades and FWIW, Chase was gone.  I still really want him and see him as a Devonta Adams-type.  Watch how that guy plays this weekend.  He simply can't be stopped.  He opens up everything for that offense.  That is how I see Chase. Regardless, Miami took him and I was pissed.

R1 P5 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon:  He becomes the LT for the next 10 years.

R2 P6 DL Daviyon Nixon - Iowa:  Underrated beast inside that can play three downs.

R3 P5 CB Greg Newsome II - Northwestern:  Will push to start outside.  A real playmaker.  

R4 P6 WR Dyami Brown - North Carolina:  Perfect #3 option that has speed and is a tenacious blocker and competitor

R5 P5 EDGE Jordan Smith - UAB:  Was a part of a credit card theft scam in his first college stint and had to go to a JUCO, then worked back to UAB.  If he had not been in trouble, he would be a day 2 prospect.  Freak athlete with great motor.  

R6 P6 LB Amen Ogbongbemiga - Oklahoma State:  Tackling machine that has experience in defending wide-open offenses.  

R7 P5 TE Shaun Beyer - Iowa:  Had a lot of unfortunate injuries in college and was stuck behind the likes of Kittle, Fant, and Hockenson.  Underrated talent that could push for starting time.  All-around TE.

R7 P7 K Alex Kessman - Pitt ;  Accurate thunderfoot.  Huge leg.  Used to kicking in poor climate and not always on best field (Heinz).

I wanted a guard, but there simply was no value early on.  I didn't want to take Deonte Brown in the 3rd over the CB from NW.  Simply put, the guards in Rd 4 I didn't see as strong as what they have in XSF and Spain.  I am willing to bet they find a serviceable guard in FA, but like I said, I wasn't counting on it.

I like a lot of it.
I'd prefer a DE taken earlier but I understand you can't fill everything early without trades.
Jordan Smith sounds like he could be a good developmental guy and be part of a rotation at the start, but there will be people against his off-field character red flags.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHRacerX Mock 10.0 2021: Skeptics draft, not much FA - ochocincos - 01-25-2021, 01:10 PM