Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slater reminds me of Andre Dillard and that’s not a good thing
For what it's worth, Dane Brugler has Rashawn Slater at #6 in the class with the following summary:
Quote:Slater doesn’t have ideal height or length, but he is agile, stout and power-packed and doesn’t allow rushers to go through him (Isaiah Wynn conversation all over again). He is very quick to lock up pass rushers before they can set up their moves, rarely straying from his fundamentals.

Isaiah Wynn or even Jonah Williams are the more common comparisons that I've heard, rather than Andre Dillard. Brugler calling Slater stout and power-packed is also more of an endorsement on Slater's power than he said of Dillard who he, to be fair, had ranked #9 overall in 2019 (Williams was ranked #4 overall):
Quote:With wide splits and a quick-strike passing attack, it can be tough to evaluate offensive linemen in WSU’s offense, but Dillard was dominant over his career (allowed only one sack in 2018) and is the highest-graded senior offensive lineman in this class. There are times when he looks defenseless vs. long-armed linemen, but he plays smooth, intellectually sound and will be even better once he improves his hand placement and reach timing. Overall, Dillard is a better pass protector than run blocker right now, but he is a quick-minded player with the light feet and core power to play multiple positions in the NFL, including left tackle.

Voch Lombardi also did a video on Rashawn Slater and he came out thinking he is a top 5 pick and did not have any concerns with his power
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slater reminds me of Andre Dillard and that’s not a good thing - CJD - 01-25-2021, 03:56 PM