Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had dinner next to Frank Pollock
(01-24-2021, 03:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Back in the 90s I used to travel to southern Ohio to visit my girlfriend's family and we used to get Giovanni's pizza when there.

It was pretty good but I want to say they might've gotten greasy the last time I had one.

Anyone try that place?  They're quite an expansive chain now and am sure they vary from location to location.

Back in the early 80s I used to go to a family owned joint in Norwood, OH owned by the DeLuca family.   Lot of sports figures used to frequent it back in the 70s.   They had several original Bengals helmets and jerseys and I think they had Jim Otto's (Raider's center) jersey too.

It was pretty greasy, but it was SO good.  Best Italian sausage on a pizza ever.   A true gut bomb but worth every searing remembrance on the lower esophagus.  Pretty sure I permanently damaged the sphincter between the stomach and esophagus.  But it was so good I'd eat a large by myself when I was young and still burned calories.

The place was called Sorrento's.  Most of the family is dead (all heart attacks I believe) and they had a major fire there, but it reopened by someone from the family a couple of years ago.   I have not been back to sample it.

Anyone old enough to remember it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Had dinner next to Frank Pollock - Sled21 - 01-23-2021, 10:24 PM
RE: Had dinner next to Frank Pollock - 3wt - 01-27-2021, 03:29 PM