Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah breaks down his Top 50.
(01-28-2021, 10:11 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m not saying there isn’t reason to be super excited about Sewell because he was clearly dominant in 2 years of college, and at 20 he has a lot of room to grow, and there’s potential to be a Orlando Pace kind if player.

I have a bunch of players I like in this draft, but at pick 5 you really need to keep an open mind. Pitts, Chase and Sewell are my personal top players, but Farley, Slater are really good picks here too IMO.

Pitts gets people upset because if positional value, but he has the kind of elite talent that an offense will want to adapt into the gameplan. He is worth the 5 overall pick because, if healthy and the HC will adapt, he has a chance to re imagine the tight end position.

It's worth pointing out that he only played 7 games his freshman year, not a full season. So he's just played 1.5 seasons.
Given his young age and lack of experience, I think the evaluation will really come down to what Pollack thinks.
If Pollack thinks Sewell is someone he can turn into a Pro Bowler and will be a great fit in his scheme, he'll push for him.
If Pollack doesn't think so, Bengals could choose to go with someone else even if Sewell is there when they pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah breaks down his Top 50. - ochocincos - 01-28-2021, 10:51 AM