Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah breaks down his Top 50.
(01-29-2021, 12:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, check this out. If you get a chance, go watch some All 22. I think you'll be surprised because i certainly was. 

After paying attention, i don't think Zac gets the credit he deserves for that. If you watch the first two games, when CJ was in, they lined him up all over the field; split wide left and right, in the slot, in-line, h-back and he ran routes from all those positions. The TE, when he was in, had ample opportunities for catches, it's just that the line rarely gave Burrow enough time to utilize him. 

After he went down, they didn't use Sample in nearly the same fashion. I think that's why people don't think the TE is an integral part of this offense. 

The Bengals were in many different formations, and they ran and passed out of the same formation different times. So there was no predictability to it. 

I think if they shore up the line and get a little bit of luck in the health department, this offense can be really explosive, if Burrow is given time to get in any kind of rhythm. He certainly didn't have any trouble utilizing Moss at LSU and how they were using CJ before he went out, was pretty eye opening. 

They may. Maybe that would have been Uzomah, but Uzomah went down after just two games. In the two games he played, he went out for 68 receiving snaps.

When I look at the number of receiving snaps Sample went out for, it was 433 (15th most).
In those 433 receiving snaps, he only received 53 targets, catching 40 for a measly 349 yards.
Green, Higgins, and Boyd all had about 100 more receiving snaps than he did.
If we add Uzomah's receiving snaps to Sample's, you're looking at 501, which would have been 9th most in the NFL for TE.

Perhaps the problem though is Sample not being good enough to get more targets and more production even though he had the 15th most receiving snaps amongst all TEs.

I just looked at Tyler Higbee, as Higbee is the primary TE from the team Taylor came from, and Higbee was used on more pass blocking and run blocking attempts than Sample. He had about 50 less snaps as a receiver compared to Sample. However, Higbee got 60 targets, catching 44 for 521 yards and 5 TDs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah breaks down his Top 50. - ochocincos - 01-29-2021, 11:47 AM