Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah breaks down his Top 50.
(01-29-2021, 11:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They may. Maybe that would have been Uzomah, but Uzomah went down after just two games. In the two games he played, he went out for 68 receiving snaps.

When I look at the number of receiving snaps Sample went out for, it was 433 (15th most).
In those 433 receiving snaps, he only received 53 targets, catching 40 for a measly 349 yards.
Green, Higgins, and Boyd all had about 100 more receiving snaps than he did.
If we add Uzomah's receiving snaps to Sample's, you're looking at 501, which would have been 9th most in the NFL for TE.

Perhaps the problem though is Sample not being good enough to get more targets and more production even though he had the 15th most receiving snaps amongst all TEs.

I just looked at Tyler Higbee, as Higbee is the primary TE from the team Taylor came from, and Higbee was used on more pass blocking and run blocking attempts than Sample. He had about 50 less snaps as a receiver compared to Sample. However, Higbee got 60 targets, catching 44 for 521 yards and 5 TDs.

Yep. The opportunities are there. Most of what i saw with Sample was very basic, short stuff. CJ was much more varied in his routes...though, watching him, he didn't look to be a great route runner. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah breaks down his Top 50. - rfaulk34 - 01-29-2021, 01:21 PM