Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Burrow Really Want Ja'Marr Chase?
(01-30-2021, 09:17 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Can't imagine Burrow not wanting his friend and college superstar WR not on his team.

Ideally we fix this O-Line issue in FA and grant Burrow wishes in the 1st round.
He'd obviously want his friend and superstar teammate, but, like I said, will he be thinking with his head or his heart?  We need to shore-up the offensive line first and I don't necessarily expect us to make a splash in free agency.  Hopefully, Troy, Katie, and Zac are running things now with no interference from the old man and will be all over free agents once the league year begins on March 17th and stay active up until the draft filing improving our roster, with the main focus being the offensive line, but I'm not holding my crippled breath.

In his later years, Mike Brown always seemed like he'd make one or two big free agent signings like that would cure everything because it would keep the fanbase excited, but hopefully we can sign guys to help us build a foundation.  I don't know how the line will look, but I'm hoping that we sign a few players that are above average so we have some depth and not just overpay one big superstar.  In that same aspect, though, a Mike Brown move would also be to sign guys that are below average but can barely hold it together and just hope that they can at least be serviceable, which never seems to be the case.  

I guess I'm saying that I'd rather have a foundation than one or two big names.  

If we can get both, then I'm obviously happy.
(01-30-2021, 09:35 PM)Tony Wrote: https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2021/01/30/lsu-football-joe-burrow-hoping-reunite-former-teammate/

Apparently Joe want's Chase...
He's obviously going to say that but is he thinking with his heart or his mind?  Or is he just saying that so he doesn't upset his friend?

Does Chase even want to come here?  Will the million or so dollars difference from the 5th pick to there 6th or 7th where he'd likely go?  Might be less than a million difference if the salary cap really is going down.
(01-30-2021, 09:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: If I was Burrow, I'd want the OL addressed in FA with proven quality starters instead of waiting for the draft, hoping Sewell falls to us, and hoping he can beat the odds and become a good starter as a rookie.  
He'd obviously want that but do you think he hasn't seen how inactive this team had traditionally been in free agency, especially on the offensive line?
(01-30-2021, 09:59 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When.was the last this franchise signed a premier free agent
Olineman in the era of free agency?
Never.
This is the year this franchise stops doing whats it done for decades
And actually pay preminum $$$ for a guy like Thuney.
They overpay for bums like Preston Brown and Michael Westbrook
In past years and go to the bargain bin route regarding the oline
Jamar Chase would give this offense some real juice that it needs
Plus it would not take these 2 long to get on the same page
Chase and Burrow could be like Ryan Jones/ Manning Harrison
In time

In a perfect world, that would happen, but I've been following this team all my life, so I know better than to get my hopes up while Mike Brown still has air in his lungs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Burrow Really Want Ja'Marr Chase? - BFritz21 - 01-30-2021, 11:21 PM