Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Burrow Really Want Ja'Marr Chase?
(01-31-2021, 03:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think the issue is that you think an OT at #5 is going to be an immediate upgrade.  That isn't likely to happen, even if Sewell makes it to 5.  I've done research on it and posted the numbers before, but at least from a PFF grade standpoint, you're extremely lucky to get a rookie 1st round T that grades close to where Bobby Hart did last year.  That's the statistical reality.  The development curve for OL is so steep today that you can't just throw a few draft picks at it and fix it.  

That's not to say I wouldn't take Sewell at 5, but if I did, it would be for down the road and not next season.  I would not be counting on him to come up and be a major upgrade to fix the OL, because that isn't realistic.  

Yeah.  I guess I'm hoping that Pollack can either work miracles with him or provide him with the help (slide blockers over, have the TE chip, have Mixon help, etc.) that he needs to keep Burrow safe.

If we can sign a vet, I'd be all for taking Chase, and maybe our line will be improved, but I just feel like thinking "this is good enough," has doomed us too many times and I'd like for us to actually invest in the line for once.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Burrow Really Want Ja'Marr Chase? - BFritz21 - 01-31-2021, 03:31 AM