Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking Advantage of Teams in Cap Hell
(01-31-2021, 12:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Media discussions have led to one conclusion, if you are not at the top of the FA class, you will most likely get paid at or close to league minimum.  As such, there will be a TON of mid tier talent available that will be that would upgrade the depth of most teams but unable to command a commensurate deal to do so. 

My personal opinion, I think many players are aware of what is going to happen, and we will see more players chase a ring with a contract for peanuts to sign on with a contender.

I think fans place more value on chasing a ring than players do. Most players realize how short an average NFL career is, and will take the money over the ring. Winning the Super Bowl is like a 40 grand payday and that's it, other than bragging rights. They aren't going to trade that and take a contract that pays them less to play just to go to a contender, unless they are nearing the end of their career and have already made their millions. While being a Super Bowl Champion QB is one thing, being a Super Bowl Champion lineman is bleh...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking Advantage of Teams in Cap Hell - Sled21 - 01-31-2021, 01:46 PM