Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Burrow Really Want Ja'Marr Chase?
(01-31-2021, 03:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah.  I guess I'm hoping that Pollack can either work miracles with him or provide him with the help (slide blockers over, have the TE chip, have Mixon help, etc.) that he needs to keep Burrow safe.

If we can sign a vet, I'd be all for taking Chase, and maybe our line will be improved, but I just feel like thinking "this is good enough," has doomed us too many times and I'd like for us to actually invest in the line for once.

I agree that we need to invest in our OL.  IMO, we need 2 quality proven starters in FA.  

My feeling is Sewell has Ogden type potential.  Now whether he hits that potential is another story, but I think it's there.  Given his inexperience and the steep learning curve for OL entering the NFL, we're probably looking at at least 3 years before he starts to reach that potential.  

If I had to pick one guy in this draft that will come in and play at a Pro Bowl level as a rookie, it would be Chase.  He was better than Justin Jefferson at LSU and Jefferson made 2nd team All Pro as a rookie this year. On top of that, we have his college QB and have incorporated plays and concepts from LSU's passing game into ours.  It really doesn't get to look much better than that.

Both guys have All Pro type potential, IMO.  In today's environment, I think an All Pro T has more value than an All Pro WR, provided you can resign them and keep them long term.  However, the WR is going to have a much higher chance of producing immediately and is a safer bet to be a franchise cornerstone type player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Burrow Really Want Ja'Marr Chase? - Whatever - 01-31-2021, 04:33 PM