Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-28-2015, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mike, I’m right there with you on the same-sex marriage issue; however, I believe we are against it for different reasons, as I think I read in an earlier post that you stated you weren’t religious.

Your concern about same-sex relationships and STDs is well warranted, as this was a recent statement from the CDC:
I think we do differ on the stance that simply allowing SSM will increase the spread of HIV, syphilis, and other STDs (but it damn sure won’t reduce it ass some have suggested). The act is what causes the spread of the disease, not allowing them to marry. IMO the only thing that will increase the spread is if the active homosexual population grows; which is a possibility as it is accepted more and more by society.
What did the CDC recommend to reduce the spread of STDs?  A mutually monogamous relationship. Why?  Because that is what the data from disease surveillance suggests. I've explained it to you twice already.  You can check with the CDC for the STD rates. My chance of contracting HIV, HPV, HSV, HBV, HCV, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, chancroid, lymphogranoma venereum is zero. Why is my risk significantly less than the general population?  Because I'm in a mutually monogamous relationship called marriage. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-02-2015, 12:21 AM