Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The biggest storm I ever encountered
http://blogs.woodtv.com/2015/05/31/derecho-of-1998-17-years-ago-today/#comments

You guys remember this storm? Read about it in the link I put up. I will never forget the high winds that night. This storm happened 17 years ago yesterday. The winds came through here and it was the highest winds I have ever experienced. I was totally asleep and when it blew through here we had kitchen coverts and the refridgerator doors blow open. Our table on the deck was taken right off the deck and thrown into the yard like 40 feet away. We had lightning blow a crater in the backyard. Lightning hit our neighbors barn next door and started a fire in the barn but luckily they were up and got the fire under control before anything started. I remember when it rained it was like a monsoon raining sideways. You couldn't see 10 feet out of the house and we had small hail that came down with it. It went across the lake and really nailed Michigan even worse. Three weeks ago when we were driving across Indiana and hit I 75 in Ohio there were tornado warnings but it looked like no storm even hit that day. That reminded me of this storm.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The biggest storm I ever encountered - packerbacker - 06-02-2015, 12:27 AM