Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary Cap could be around $180-185 mill, per reports
(02-04-2021, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: They already agreed to a 175m bottom that happened before they started the season.
That was worse case scenarrio; the NFL is way past that. Plus the owners are going to be asking for an extra 17th game. There is no way in hell the players are going to agree to that along with taking a 23 million dollar pay cut. Especially considering the NFL is about to make a shit ton of money from TV deals.
(02-04-2021, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From my understanding, since NFLPA had already agreed to the cap being as low as $175 mill, they essentially signed off on whatever the NFL wants to put it at as long as it's at least $175 mill.
So if the owners want to set it to $180 mill, they can do that without needing a big negotiation with the NFLPA.

As such, the players may have to deal with contracts being lower for 2021, but likely to go (way) up again in 2022 and beyond.

If so, I would imagine players who get cut or are FAs may either have to take just a 1-year deal and then hit FA again in 2022 in hopes the cap is way bigger again, or they may accept a multi-year deal where the cap hit is lower in 2021 but will (greatly) increase in the following years to help compensate. Also, I would expect guaranteed money will be more important this year if the contracts are going to be smaller.

The owners still have to negotiate a 17th game with the players. They will make a trade with the players association 17th game for a Cap freeze.  That's how this is going down and it will probably be messy..
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salary Cap could be around $180-185 mill, per reports - J24 - 02-04-2021, 03:44 PM