Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody want to move to Steelers country?
(02-03-2021, 10:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Holy Schnikies. Thats like watching an episode of something on HGTV. Young couple starting out, baby on the way. They visit a house for sale and its 1 bath, 3BR and a simple living room. Pricetag: 9 centillion dollars. We'll take it.  Shocked

In my town, you get the same house for 45k.

When I lived in Cincy, I couldn't understand at all seeing those shows and the little houses with huge price tags.  But when I lived in northern California I understood.  In 2012, I bought a 3-bedroom 2-bath house, large yard, orange trees in the back, in a nice suburb northeast of Sacramento for about $180k.  I ended up selling a year later because we moved to southern California.  But there were so many offers in on that house when I was selling, and all of them coming from people who worked in San Francisco.  They were willing to commute 2 hours each way (and honestly more because of rush hour traffic) because they could get a house that was affordable.  By then, my property had already increased to about $250k (it's worth close to $500 now, and I still kick myself for not just renting it for some years and then selling it...), but the average price for a home around SF was $800-900k, and was older, smaller and on basically no lot.  Home prices there are now well over a million dollars, and people are still moving a couple of hours away to try and get something "affordable."  NYC is like that, too.  So was DC when I lived there.  It's crazy how the market varies around the country, but a lot of it is tied to average salaries.  The only way to take advantage of a higher salary and lower housing cost is to do remote work, so you can charge NY and CA prices but live in affordable part of the country. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody want to move to Steelers country? - MileHighGrowler - 02-05-2021, 12:18 PM