Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary Cap could be around $180-185 mill, per reports
(02-05-2021, 06:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: so I will explain it to you.  People want their market value and that's based on the year prior.  For example, do you think Dak Prescott is gonna wanna take a discount because people have a more limited cap?  it's not the way it works.  Lawson is gonna wanna be paid as a top edge rusher in this free-agent class, but when only 7 teams project to have any cap space at all, this year's payouts and signing bonuses will be less than what typically would happen. pre covid the cap woulda probably been in the 210 range this year, now its gonna be 185?  25 million dollars off the top of the cap is a huge deal.

So like I said it could happen but I expect there to be a lot of backloaded contracts with more guaranteed money and that's scary for a lot of teams

The problem is only a small minority of the players in the league will be looking at potential big money contracts this off-season.  You think Tee Higgins or Logan Wilson really care if Dak can cash in this off-season when the crowds and cap will be back up when they're elligible for UFA in 3 years?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salary Cap could be around $180-185 mill, per reports - Whatever - 02-05-2021, 06:41 PM