Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Fan Trivia (Put Your Knowledge to the Test!)
(02-06-2021, 11:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Matt Jones, who Fred referred to as a "proven #1 receiver".

Believe it or not, this dude kind of spurred my decision to join the old board.  Everyone was hyping him up, and as a long-time lurker I finally decided to create an account to chime in. 

No matter how many times I pointed out that there was a reason this dude was sitting on his couch the year prior, and how much I said that it's a longshot that he would be a major contributor, there were a lot of people that loved the guy. 

Matt Jones was actually on his way to a 1000 yard season his 3rd or 4th year into the league before he got injured and started doing drugs instead of rehabbing.

Jacksonville knew he was a project when they drafted him, but the upside was huge.

The talent was there and it was starting to come together. The injury and his vices got the better of him. Jack del Rio still defends the pick
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Fan Trivia (Put Your Knowledge to the Test!) - Frank Booth - 02-06-2021, 05:11 PM