Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos wants to be in Ring of Honor if we get one....
I could see him being included. The Front Office still held Dunlap in high regard. It sounds like it was mostly the coaches that wanted him the gone. The same coaches that couldn't get any production out of Atkins, for what it's worth.

We'll see how this coaching staff goes. If they get exiled after a 3rd straight year of terrible football in the 2022 off season, I think Dunlap will have been vindicated and deserve some sort of ceremonial position as one of the best defensive linemen this team has ever had.

If this coaching staff somehow turns it around and becomes the franchise for the next decade or two and show they can develop talent, use talent properly and successfully created a culture where everyone is fighting for their jobs at all times to the benefit of their productivity, then Dunlap will, in hindsight, look like a veteran who couldn't cut it anymore and was bitter about his declining capabilities. I don't even think this would disqualify him from consideration for a ROH, but it would at least add some hesitance, especially if coaches had a say in who makes the ROH (Lou and Zac would likely throw any Dunlap nomination into the trash, if they had the chance.)

I give it a 90/10 odds split between the two, respectively.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos wants to be in Ring of Honor if we get one.... - CJD - 02-08-2021, 10:50 AM