Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJD Mock Draft 1.0 (Post-Superbowl)
(02-08-2021, 03:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a nice looking draft. Ideally we add a pass rusher before the 7th round, but you made some good trades and picks.

(02-08-2021, 04:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like the effort to try to turn the offense into a high-powered one.
Three OL, three pass catchers.

It will be sad to see the defense mostly neglected after they had a terrible 2020, but I can see there being a thought that the defense will be better if they can stay mostly healthy.

Being able to score a ton while having probably a defense in the 16-25 range is at least a start in the right direction.

Yea, I am of the opinion that our defense will improve just by getting back the players that ended the season on the IR (Reader, Waynes, Wilson, Wren) as well as Tupou, who withdrew from 2020 due to COVID. I regret not taking an edge earlier, but I just saw better value in the picks I made. To me, the biggest thing is making sure Burrow is protected and has all the weapons he needs. I don't think we're going to be winning the super bowl in 2021, so even if our defense is a complete catastrophe, I wouldn't mind that if Burrow has time to throw and isn't running for his life all the time haha. The Radunz pick may be better off as Weaver or Roche, but that's a question based on your philosophy about what this year's goals are. Obviously, if we sign an Olineman in free agency then we can open the board up more. I just wanted to make sure I came out of this draft with the offense set up for success. There's always next year for the defense :).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CJD Mock Draft 1.0 (Post-Superbowl) - CJD - 02-08-2021, 12:32 PM
RE: CJD Mock Draft 1.0 (Post-Superbowl) - CJD - 02-08-2021, 05:40 PM