Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos wants to be in Ring of Honor if we get one....
(02-08-2021, 07:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So how does a ring of honor really work anyway. They used to put the names around a stadium. We no longer have a round stadium, it has 2 sides. When both sides are full, does a new name knock an old name off?

I think it can be done a lot of different ways.  A lot of teams put the retired numbers or names inside the stadium:

[Image: Ring_of_Honor.jpg]

It's not a perfect "ring" in most stadiums these days, but the general shape is there and the term is thrown around.  

The Broncos also have an outside tribute:
[Image: USATSI_8042984-696x463.jpg]

They could also do something inside of the concourse, lining the walls.  

Honestly, I'd like to see a combination at PBS.  Put the biggest influencers inside the stadium in "classic" ROH fashion (which means in all honesty relatively few players all said and done, so there is plenty of space to work with), and then do more in the concourse.  It would allow them to add more history, more players, and make the space more interesting and inviting.  

I think just because there are a lot of players that are well-respected among fans, or players that have contributed to the team over the years, a lot of them would never make it to a true ROH, so running out of space wouldn't be a major concern to me.  The Cowboys have 22 in theirs currently and the WFT found room for 48.

The biggest issue just seems to be why it hasn't been done.  For anyone who says money, I don't believe that.  It's not expensive to put some letters and numbers up like these teams have.  Not by a long shot.  So there must be some other reason the team hasn't believed in recognizing individual contributors.  And maybe that's the answer right there; they see it as a team game and don't want to single out specific people.  I have no idea.  I don't think it's impossible to see it happen in the future, but it's obviously never been something MB has prioritized, and hard to know the reason there and whether it's rubbed off on the rest of the family. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos wants to be in Ring of Honor if we get one.... - MileHighGrowler - 02-09-2021, 12:38 PM