Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap impact for Bengals 2021 Opponents
(02-11-2021, 07:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't go that far. I think Lamar Jackson IS a QB, it's just I think his ceiling is an Alex Smith kind of QB rather than a Patrick Mahomes kind of QB. If you have a good defense and a good running game, he can consistently churn out winning seasons. He's just not good enough to carry an offense or carry a team through the postseason.

I think the 50% cap problems thing won't be a huge deal when all is said and done. The good teams will manage to shift around money until the cap rises some more next year. 

This might be more of an issue if it was at the $175m cap that was the proposed amount, but $185m means there's probably really only a couple teams in true trouble. 

The Chiefs minus a couple players are still way better than most teams. The same with a lot of the real good teams. The Packers minus Aaron Jones still has Aaron Rodgers, Devante Adams, a really good OL, and an above-average defense.

The really good OL and a really good defense is what makes that offense run. 

Ravens Scoring Defense Last 2 Years:
2nd
3rd

Ravens Rushing Offense Minus Lamar Last 2 Years:
8th
7th
(That's basically just removing 160 plays off their stats and they're still easily top-10.)

Ravens Passing Offense Last 2 Years:
32nd
29th

You're still really downplaying Jackson's rushing yards IMO. He averaged 62.5 rush yards per game.
The Ravens averaged 363 total YPG, so without Jackson's rushing, they'd be down to just 300 YPG.
That would put them at 30th in the NFL in YPG.

A better strategy for BAL if they want to pay Orlando Brown but not pay (or can't pay) a big contract to Jackson would be to draft another QB with more promise than a "game manager" and still have that cheap contract.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cap impact for Bengals 2021 Opponents - ochocincos - 02-11-2021, 08:13 PM