Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
70% of Republicans Would Consider Joining New Party Formed by Donald Trump, Poll Find
(02-12-2021, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: To the bold he changed his mind and wanted $2000 checks mailed out and the gqp told him no.  Now he was headed out of office so they knew they didn't have deal with him anymore on a legislative level but I agree he has a force of will on a lot of elected members and will try to influence these things.

Well, it swayed at least enough Republicans to pass the resolution had Mitch not outright blocked it. Like I said, the two Georgians would have voted for it if it came to the floor (or else they definitely would have been voted out, rather than probably) and Hawley would have voted for it as well. That would have made the difference. But my point is that Trump supporters don't support Trump because he has policies that they like. They like policies that he comes up with because they support Trump. It's the exact opposite to Leftwing populism, which leads voters to the personalities via policy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 70% of Republicans Would Consider Joining New Party Formed by Donald Trump, Poll Find - CJD - 02-12-2021, 06:13 PM