Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impeachmen' 2: Electoral Boogaloo
Every post above makes, I think, a telling point about or objection to the defense argument.

Absolutely the most condemning piece of evidence is Trump's behavior during the riot, and his siding with the rioters by tweeting that he loves them and exhorting them to "remember this day." "Stay peaceful" instead of "STOP NOW and "LEAVE THE CAPITOL BUILDING."

The most telling evidence against the claim Trump was a "law and order president," who could not have incited violence given his past support for law and police, is his retweet, set to music, of his supporters harassing that Biden-Harris campaign bus in Texas.

I am now very curious as to how the Fox talk shows will respond to all this. I am guessing they say that Dem "hypocrisy" has been made even more clear. One rule for Harris, who bails out rioters, and another for Trump, who just wants his supporters to fight for their beliefs "peacefully."

In retrospect, I think the Defense lawyers were right, as a political strategy, to keep harping on "free speech" and repeatedly asking what would happen if an elected official's free speech were curtailed. This fits the larger RW narrative I see developing that we soon or already are living in a "totalitarian" society in which one party controls the Exec, Senate and House, with the MSM policing language.

Trump's seditious behavior is then recast as "unpopular opinion" which Dems want to "silence" as part of their larger totalitarian project. First Trump, then YOU dear reader. The Impeachment is another "hoax" to hobble a feared potential opponent, no more. Dems will stop at nothing to seize and keep control of government. Free speech stands in their way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impeachmen' 2: Electric Boogaloo - CJD - 01-11-2021, 01:53 PM
RE: "Constitutional Cancel Culture"--The Impeachment Defense - Dill - 02-12-2021, 10:00 PM