Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise tag or Transition Tag?
(02-13-2021, 06:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Good lord, I hope we stay away from the tags this year. None of our free agents are worth top 5 money at their position and will almost certainly sign long term contracts at much lower AAVs. But if they, for some reason, think they are worth that money, I hope the Bengals would be smart enough to allow them to go out and find someone else willing to pay them that.

We have a lot of needs this off season and the #1 priority needs to be protecting Burrow. If we lost Lawson AND WJIII because they signed for much higher than the franchise tag price, it would suck but it wouldn't threaten the future of our franchise.

Failing to get 3 new high quality starters through free agency and the draft, on the other hand, DOES threaten the future of our franchise.

I am not of the opinion that we NEED to be competitive next year. It would be nice if we were, but if you gave me the option of having a good defense at the expense of our Oline and making the playoffs while allowing Burrow to suffer more minor injuries throughout the year, I would turn it down. We need to sign either Thuney, Scherff or Williams in free agency and we need to draft at least 2 Olinemen in the first 3 rounds.

Worry about defense at a later date if that is what is necessary to protect Joe.

This....

The game has all but legislated defense out of itself. Quite frankly neither Lawson or Jackson are worth breaking the bank over.... They're pretty good, and nothing more. It'd be nice to keep them, but someone else can overpay for them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Franchise tag or Transition Tag? - J24 - 02-13-2021, 02:11 PM
RE: Franchise tag or Transition Tag? - CJD - 02-13-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Franchise tag or Transition Tag? - jason - 02-13-2021, 10:48 PM