Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impeachmen' 2: Electoral Boogaloo
(02-16-2021, 12:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Clinton lied under oath...technically.

He definitively lied under oath, there's no dissembling to be done here.

Quote:He tried to be too clever and answer their questions "exactly" as possible.

Yeah, no.  Miss me with this lawyer speak.  

Quote:He should have stepped down anyway because he lied to the people straight out...under oath or not.

I don't think he should have resigned, I think he should have told the truth.  As we all know, the cover up is always worse than the initial incident.

Quote:But the BJ wasn't why he was impeached.  Admittedly it was weird to see all the Republican who had affairs resign after that though.  Smirk

Got there at last, but not entirely.  A better analogy would be all the GOP members who got caught and then lied about it under oath.  Even when ostensibly trying to be truthful you apparently can't stop being partisan.

Quote:Edit to add: The entire Lewinsky thing was a byproduct of the rules for the investigation at that time and Starr's desire to find ANYTHING he could use.  His turn around on what should be released from Mueller (again, under different rules) was telling on what his mindset was back then.  The GOP was the "Family values" party back then (in name only) and an affair (gasp) and oral sex (double gasp) was something they could run on and against.

I agree that Starr was way out of bounds when asking questions about the Lewinski affair.  That doesn't change the fact that Bill lied under oath.

Quote:Well until their own affairs came out in the public.

Both sides do it is apparently acceptable to you under certain circumstances.  Don't let Dill know.  Cool
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impeachmen' 2: Electric Boogaloo - CJD - 01-11-2021, 01:53 PM
RE: Impeachmen' 2: Electoral Boogaloo - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-16-2021, 12:37 AM