Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-16-2021, 08:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Now, the Biden administration didn't come out swinging right away on gun control, but over the weekend there was a statement from Biden on the anniversary of the Parkland shooting that was, for lack of a better term, a shot across the bow for the 2A community.

This caused quite the stir in the firearms community, of course, especially given the filing of H.R. 127 earlier in the year which is a horrendous bill.

I'm not as in a tizzy about it as other firearms owners. First, the legislative filibuster would still be in play for this. Second, if no Republicans are moved on the issue it will never pass because of Manchin, who is very pro-2A. But, this does highlight where the administration is going to be heading on things. H.R. 127 doesn't concern me as much as it did a lot of others because, let's be honest, a lot of the stuff in there is a no-go for even most Democrats. That bill really is abysmally awful.

Anyway, I know I'm a more pro-gun lefty than most on here, but let's talk about these ideas. What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: I wanted to note, also, that all of the gun control bills that have been introduced have a prognosis in the single digits according to GovTrack which I checked after posting this thread, so I'm not just prognosticating on my own, here.

I really treat these gun bills like I do when elected federal officials talk about abortion:  It's just for votes because they know in their heart of hearts it will never pass.

Rand Paul introduced multiple abortion bills and one to eliminate the DOE...this year.  I am no more worried about them than this.

I still am pro-2A but still feel we could have some discussion and meeting about our gun culture but that needs to be, *I* think, separate from more legislation.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - GMDino - 02-16-2021, 09:48 AM