Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impeachmen' 2: Electoral Boogaloo
(02-16-2021, 08:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't watch any of it because I knew what the outcome would be and knew that the Democrats were just intent on making sure they would be able to write history. I see the impeachment trials as political theater because that is what they are. They are ineffective tools for the oversight Congress is supposed to provide.

Anyway, all that being said I heard an interesting take on Left, Right, and Center this weekend. Tim Carney of the Washington Examiner and AEI was discussing the effort of the House managers and said he actually was swayed by them. Now, he had previously written an article saying, in essence, the impeachment was bullshit. He talked about his problems with criminalizing speech and even though this isn't a criminal proceeding the bar should be the same. He talked about the things that need to be met for incitement and he said he wasn't there, until there was the discussion about Trump on the phone with McCarthy. He said that conversation and things like it are what swayed him and made him see Trump as being responsible for the attempted insurrection. He was aware of what his words were doing. When he tweeted out against Pence after having been told Pence had to be evacuated from the Senate floor, he knew what his words were doing.

Yeah, a definite case can be made, I just can't see it passing muster in a court of law.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impeachmen' 2: Electric Boogaloo - CJD - 01-11-2021, 01:53 PM
RE: Impeachmen' 2: Electoral Boogaloo - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-16-2021, 11:45 AM