Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-16-2021, 01:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, here is the problem with gun control, though, and this is where my leftist dismay with liberals comes into play. Gun control doesn't prevent everyone from owning certain things. It prevents marginalized communities from owning them. The poor and working class, BIPOC communities, the Alphabet Mafia, these are the groups disproportionately affected by it. Look at the 1986 ban on new automatic weapons. Yeah, you can still own a sub-machine gun, but the reduced supply has driven prices through the roof to the point where the cost of the tax stamp to own one is piddly. Any attempts to restrict firearms will have the same affect. I'm going to quote Marx, here, because it's important to know how the actual left feels about guns: “Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

Anyway, SSF is spot on about the ignorance of liberal lawmakers on the topic. I felt like I was going to have an aneurysm reading H.R. 127 from Ms. Jackson, who has already demonstrated her ignorance on the topic in the past.

Now for the whole reason I quoted you, because my mini rant could have just been a general post. I am 100% against requiring training to purchase a firearm. I am in favor of requiring it to carry one outside of your home, concealed or open. I have seen too many LARPers with poor trigger discipline flagging their pals. But, that shouldn't be a requirement for ownership of one because that is exercising your rights.

I can understand that argument. 

Do you think it would stop the ones who lack training anyway?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - GMDino - 02-16-2021, 01:25 PM