Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-16-2021, 01:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean its the same with the "war on drugs".  They just created and perpetuated a black market for more drugs.

We can do more with less legislation but we also have to have people willing to talk about it vs people being "on edge" so they immediately think guns are the answer.

I said it earlier there is a "gun culture" and needs discussed.

I am ALL ABOUT discussion in these matters, as long as folks remain civil. Unfortunately many folks get extremely emotional and lash out, creating combustible situations. I think we need more representation that is moderate and rational, on all sides. Sensationalizing extremes for the ease of campaigning has gotten us into a mess. Civil discourse on this, equality, and the drug war would go a long way. I am just against immediately pushing for legislation, as I feel it provokes a negative knee-jerk reaction.

(02-16-2021, 01:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Now for the whole reason I quoted you, because my mini rant could have just been a general post. I am 100% against requiring training to purchase a firearm. I am in favor of requiring it to carry one outside of your home, concealed or open. I have seen too many LARPers with poor trigger discipline flagging their pals. But, that shouldn't be a requirement for ownership of one because that is exercising your rights.

Agreed. I should have clarified that I agree with it in that aspect and possibly for use firearms on public lands.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Rotobeast - 02-16-2021, 01:46 PM