Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-16-2021, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can you research the effects of policies that have never existed?  Gun control laws in lim ited areas like one city or state are not effective because people just go outside of the city or to another state to buy their weapon.

Some of the laws we have seen nationally, like the Assault Weapons Ban. As for the state-specific ones, you can absolutely use those. Policy analysis takes those sorts of things into account. This is why I can say that universal background checks have evidence behind them. Then there are also laws passed in other countries and the effects they have.

Don't get me wrong, when people point to the gun violence in Chicago as a way of saying gun control doesn't work, my eyes roll so hard I lose my contacts because of what you are saying, here, but the studies are out there. Not enough of them because of the limit on spending on those studies, but it is there.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Belsnickel - 02-16-2021, 02:36 PM