Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-16-2021, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Some of the laws we have seen nationally, like the Assault Weapons Ban. As for the state-specific ones, you can absolutely use those. Policy analysis takes those sorts of things into account. This is why I can say that universal background checks have evidence behind them. Then there are also laws passed in other countries and the effects they have.

The problem with UBC is that it requires a registry of gun ownership.  I'm not ok with that as it will inevitably be used for confiscation purposes if the Dems ever get their way.

Quote:Don't get me wrong, when people point to the gun violence in Chicago as a way of saying gun control doesn't work, my eyes roll so hard I lose my contacts because of what you are saying, here, but the studies are out there. Not enough of them because of the limit on spending on those studies, but it is there.

To be sure, laws in Chicago/Illinois can't be analyzed on their own when you have less restrictive jurisdictions within an hour or twos drive.  What it does show, definitively, is that the real gun problem in this country is exactly what happens in Chicago on a weekly basis.  It's the perfect example of where the real problem lies.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-16-2021, 03:04 PM