Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barry Larkin joins TV broadcast team
I don't like this at all. Work him in? Fine. But this from Reds.com is BS.
Quote:The plan is for Larkin to work all 81 home games. He has also been in conversations with Reds CEO Bob Castellini and COO Phil Castellini about taking part in organizational initiatives in Cincinnati.

Sadak, who was introduced as the play-by-play voice to replace Thom Brennaman on Feb. 4, is thrilled about the addition of Larkin.

“This is a 'pinch me' moment that I don’t think you can top,” Sadak said. “It was hard to top the idea of calling Major League games. Then you add in a living legend, and you can pick his brain. You can watch the game alongside him. You can learn through him. It’s just incredible. He will instantly become the most decorated and accomplished person that I’ve had a chance to work with on a regular basis. I can’t wait to get to know him as a person and to be able to have fun with him calling games.”

I've had MLBTV for years. I've watched every team's announcing crew and Chris Welsh is the best analyst that I've seen so far. I've said here before, Chris Welsh teaches you aspects of the game as if you've been watching baseball for years and Tim McCarver taught you the game as if you were a 5 year old watching your first ever baseball game.

I really do hope that Larkin is great because force feeding his analysis to us half of the time looks like a power move. Sticking Welsh and Brantley to strictly road duty seems very disrespectful. He should be eased in, not given half of the games right from the start. I'd expect Welsh to be broadcasting for another team next year. This reeks of the incompetent Ray Knight replacing the great Davey Johnson.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barry Larkin joins TV broadcast team - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 02-18-2021, 04:08 AM