Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last year showed Americans that the police aren't always heroes or villains
(02-19-2021, 02:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The point was more about it being co-opted in that way. I know I have heard Black activists talking about defunding the police, but this was more about how it hijacked the BLM movement which was about accountability.

I think this rather falls under the explanation of BLM being far more decentralized than most people believe.  I've heard some frothing at the mouth radical as hell BLM "leaders" and I've seen some that were very rational, reasonable and logical.  It doesn't help that the founders of the movement are very radical themselves, even having to rewrite their original "mission statement" as it was completely dismissive of the role of black men in the movement.  Being so decentralized you're going to get a wide variance in message and tone.  What I don't like is the leap to blame a wildly unpopular idea on "white outsiders" rather than owning the fact that defund the police, actually defunding the police, is put out there by BLM supporters who are not white all the damn time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last year showed Americans that the police aren't always heroes or villains - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-19-2021, 02:13 PM