Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ima gonna get me a new table saw!
(02-19-2021, 09:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: I could have built them, but the rails the fence ride on are too short. After upgrading the fence a few years ago I wasn't dumping more money into a saw with no dust collection ability, a 25 years old motor and one that is hard as hell to change the blade angle on. Nope..time to move on. Now i could have bought a used saw for quite a bit less, but they too are heavy and I'm past the age of moving 500 pounds of steel and iron off the back of my truck.. I no longer have steel toed boots and ain't gonna get them just to move a used saw either.. I want a new saw delivered to my shop. I'll do all the setup. I've done all that before. 
I've leaned heavily toward Sawstop, but I still want a cabinet saw and the least expensive option they have is almost $3000. I can get a new Grizzly for $1750 with a 240 V motor, 52" rip capacity and the Grizzly name which is pretty well regarded as well, just without the SS technology.. I don't plan on chopping off the ends of any fingers again any time soon..

I can understand that.  I got my start in my previous trade (flooring), at a friend of mine's cabinetry and casework shop.  I would help him build, finish, and install cabinetry and casework in fine homes.  I remember his original saw, an older one like you describe, perhaps a Delta, and he had a fantastic system of tables that he had built around it, to accommodate runs of various sizes of cuts.  Eventually, he moved on to a commercial model, and had a 3 stage electrical circuit installed, with the vacuum system throughout the shop, and all that stuff.  Now, he owns a factory that serves the greater half of the Eastern US, for institutional cabinetry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ima gonna get me a new table saw! - SunsetBengal - 02-19-2021, 11:00 PM