Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 11:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just to hit on the bold:  That's where I am on it.  It's why I waver with "the laws we have are enough" vs "do we need to strengthen parts of the law/create a new one".  

People in the US have a right to own a gun.  That has been established.  Yet we have created scenarios where they do NOT through various laws (convicted felons for example) so it is NOT an absolute right.  Obviously NONE of them are as we have rules and laws that limit many if not all of our rights.

But these limits have to be grounded in logic, not the constant appeals to emotion that you get from the anti-gun side.

Quote:I said yesterday I don't know if those guns are stored "Safely" or not in the photos videos I posted but I also don't know how to rebuild an automobile engine and yet I know we need speed limit laws and regulations on how they are built safely...AND that we need to hold drivers responsible for how they drive and/or maintain their vehicles.  I just leave to people smarter than me to come up with the best/legal way to do that. And yes I know owning a car and driving are not "rights".

It mattes because your ignorance about the subject doesn't change the fact that your vote for an elected official has the same value as that of a gun owner who knows their stuff.  Also, ignorance leads people to accepting things they would never agree to if they were informed as to the consequences.  This ignorance manifests itself every day in the anti-gun lobby.  One need look no further than the constant haranguing about AR's and other "assault weapons".  All rifles, of any kind, kill far less people than hands and feet, don't even get started on knives.  Banning them is not a "public safety" issue because they are very rarely used to kill people.  So why the constant attempts to ban them, because the ignorant can be manipulated into surrendering their rights because they don't know any better.

In any event, I'm of the position that if you're going to voice an opinion on a subject you should at least make a minimal effort to educate yourself on it first.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2021, 01:26 PM