Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't We Give Hill The Ball At The 5??
(11-03-2015, 02:59 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't love fade routes myself, but I have a bigger issue with the execution than the play calls.

I've said it many times in the thread, if Andy makes a better read on any of the throws, this isn't even a conversation. Most of the people complaining are doing so because of the poor execution, yet they're taking it out on Hue.

If the 3rd pass was a TD and not an INT, who would still be complaining about the 3 straight passing plays? Maybe 1 or 2 people on the entire board would still have an issue, but everybody else wouldn't even be thinking about that specific drive's play calling choices. One of the league's top passing attacks should be throwing the ball inside the 10 yard line. Maybe next time we're in a close game in that situation, teams will be focused on the pass more than they should and Hill will take one in.

I don't think that 3rd pass is ever a TD. It's either incomplete or a pick. DB was in perfect spot. I go back to it also being one of those throws Dalton just doesn't like. Seems odd to call it there.
The first throw was executed fine, just good defense. Not sure what else they could have done to execute better really.
Second was a botched no call by the refs plain and simple. They just blew it. So again, not really an execution thing. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't We Give Hill The Ball At The 5?? - RoyleRedlegs - 11-03-2015, 03:03 PM