Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 01:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nope, I am saying if you are that worried there are things that can assist you in knowing. You are free to not get them if you are confident you know where your guns are. If you have allowed your teenager access to said gun you have accepted the liability that comes with doing so. This is how responsibility works, you make decisions knowing there can be consequences for your actions.

This (Career Criminals angle) is a pivot used to try and kill all gun regulations. You let good be the enemy of great and essentially say if you can't wipe it all out then there is nothing we can do. As I said, almost ALL school shootings were caused because kids got ahold of guns they should not have had access to. Let's start with trying to stop kids from getting mowed down in their classrooms and we can go from there.

No, you are mandating it because you're making the penalty for something going wrong to be life shattering.  Let's say your teenager gets the gun out and accidentally shoots themselves in the foot.  You now have a situation in which mom, or dad, or both, are going to lose their job, spend tons of money on a defense attorney, have a criminal record and basically destroy their lives going forward.  You want to solve this problem by making more people into criminals, this is bad policy.  I'm sure you have good intentions but the fallout from such a law would be huge.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2021, 01:47 PM