Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 03:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Being a crap parent can result in your kid(s) being taken away, but it won't result in criminal charges.  If it did then more than half of the parents of minors I've dealt with over my career would be in prison.

I disagree.  The problem will continue to be a problem as long as we refuse to confront what the real problem is.  The real problem, is not Joe and Jane Smith gun owner.  Criminalizing them will do nothing to stop gun violence and will only ruin the lives of people who would otherwise be completely law abiding.  As for your closing statement, that's why we have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights, to prevent those people from doing exactly what you state.

It won't? Sadly, Kamala Harris is the one who pushed for "tough on truancy".

Quote:California Penal Code

270.1(a) PC states that “A parent or guardian of a pupil of six years of age or more who is in kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 8, inclusive, and who is subject to compulsory full-time education or compulsory continuation education, whose child is a chronic truant as defined in Section 48263.6 of the Education Code, who has failed to reasonably supervise and encourage the pupil’s school attendance, and who has been offered language accessible support services to address the pupil’s truancy, is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000), or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment. A parent or guardian guilty of a misdemeanor under this subdivision may participate in the deferred entry of judgment program defined in subdivision (b).”

As to the rest, yea we will just disagree. I like accountability, and I think gun ownership should require accountability. It will come eventually as much as people want to fight it I was just throwing out ways it only targets "irresponsible" gun owners rather than the group, but again if that can't be done it will eventually come to everyone and just be a burden.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Au165 - 02-22-2021, 03:39 PM