Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 03:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: It won't?

Dude, you know how rare it is for a parent to actually be charged due to a minor's chronic truancy?  That was before the wave of "progressive" DA's in CA.  

Quote:As to the rest, yea we will just disagree. I like accountability, and I think gun ownership should require accountability. It will come eventually as much as people want to fight it I was just throwing out ways it only targets "irresponsible" gun owners rather than the group, but again if that can't be done it will eventually come to everyone and just be a burden.

I love accountability. I also recognize that there's a line between holding people responsible for bad decisions and criminalizing non-criminal conduct.  You can have a police state with a high degree of personal accountability, in fact it's much easier. Freedom is messy and not everyone handles it well, but it's still preferable to the alternative.  Also, as stated, you're targeting a problem that only accounts for a small fraction of the overall problem, and doing so in a highly punitive and disruptive fashion.  Like I said earlier, I get that your heart's in the right place, but the idea is not a good one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2021, 03:46 PM