Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 03:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, you know how rare it is for a parent to actually be charged due to a minor's chronic truancy?  That was before the wave of "progressive" DA's in CA.  

I love accountability. I also recognize that there's a line between holding people responsible for bad decisions and criminalizing non-criminal conduct.  You can have a police state with a high degree of personal accountability, in fact it's much easier. Freedom is messy and not everyone handles it well, but it's still preferable to the alternative.  Also, as stated, you're targeting a problem that only accounts for a small fraction of the overall problem, and doing so in a highly punitive and disruptive fashion.  Like I said earlier, I get that your heart's in the right place, but the idea is not a good one.

Along with truancy, they can be charged with child neglect and other crimes, and depending on the states the charges can be pretty wide-ranging. The point being, yes they can be criminally charged so the analogy still stands. 

It's "non-criminal" because the law doesn't exist. Everything is "non-criminal" until a law exists. What a horrible argument and I am not usually one to say something like that. Taking drugs isn't criminal conduct...except for the law-making it criminal conduct.  Again, you are letting great be the enemy of good. While your heart may be in the right place of fighting for freedoms, we also know that it simply doesn't work, and throwing up our hands and saying "it is what it is" is simply negligent to the country as a whole.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Au165 - 02-22-2021, 03:52 PM