Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 03:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Along with truancy, they can be charged with child neglect and other crimes, and depending on the states the charges can be pretty wide-ranging. The point being, yes they can be criminally charged so the analogy still stands.

Ugh, there is a huge gap between being a good parent and one so negligent that they end up criminally prosecuted. 

Quote:It's "non-criminal" because the law doesn't exist. Everything is "non-criminal" until a law exists. What a horrible argument and I am not usually one to say something like that.

Ugh, it's not a horrible argument at all.  Say I was overlord and I made jaywalking a felony.  Did I just create a criminal conduct or was I addressing an actual need?  You're missing the crux of the point, you are advocating for creating a wide swathe of new criminals with your proposal that would otherwise never break any existing law.  You are creating criminals where there were none and would never be.  To use your own words, that's a horrible argument.  

Quote:Taking drugs isn't criminal conduct...except for the law-making it criminal conduct.  Again, you are letting great be the enemy of good. While your heart may be in the right place of fighting for freedoms, we also know that it simply doesn't work, and throwing up our hands and saying "it is what it is" is simply negligent to the country as a whole.

Actually we know for a fact that it does work, as violent crime has dropped every year for decades, without the implementation of draconian laws such as you are advocating for.  Put simply, you're in the wrong country for what you'd like to see occur.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2021, 04:07 PM