Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 04:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ugh, there is a huge gap between being a good parent and one so negligent that they end up criminally prosecuted. 

Ugh, it's not a horrible argument at all.  Say I was overlord and I made jaywalking a felony.  Did I just create a criminal conduct or was I addressing an actual need?  You're missing the crux of the point, you are advocating for creating a wide swathe of new criminals with your proposal that would otherwise never break any existing law.  You are creating criminals where there were none and would never be.  To use your own words, that's a horrible argument.  

Actually we know for a fact that it does work, as violent crime has dropped every year for decades, without the implementation of draconian laws such as you are advocating for.  Put simply, you're in the wrong country for what you'd like to see occur.

Jaywalking is a crime, enforcement of the crime is another issue but it is a crime...because it's a law. I am advocating for creating a law that people can choose to become criminals or not, no different than if you choose to for instance text and drive or not. Up until a few years ago, it wasn't illegal, but now you are a "criminal" if you do so. 

Where have you seen violent GUN crime drop every year for decades? I see you used the term "violent crime" and I am sure you are not intentionally reclassifying it as all violent crime. I know, for example, gun-related homicides shot up from 2014 to 2017 which would not quite fit what you are describing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Au165 - 02-22-2021, 04:17 PM